1. PAINTING: oil, alkyd; acrylic; transparent or opaque watercolor or any aqua media.
2. DRAWING: pastel; charcoal; graphite; colored pencil; scratchboard; ink.
3. PHOTOGRAPHY: film or digital with or withoutstandard enhancements; film or digitally altered, digitally manipulated images.
4. THREE-DIMENSIONAL: carving and sculptures created in any durable material.
5. MIXED MEDIA and OTHER: any combination of media or artwork not covered in above categories.
The Indiana Wildlife Artists organization recognizes outstanding members by honoring them with with this award designated by the "IWA" behind their name. A member can be nominated by any other member. The nomination is presented to the Board with a synopsis of the member's accomplishments. If the member is approved, an award is presented at the next Annual Meeting.
The critiria for consideration for Signature Membership includes the following:
The Judging Panel consists of two judges who are recognized for their expertise in that category:
• All work will be judged for quality of artistic presentation and appropriate depiction of both wildlife and habitat. Both judges will agree on recipients of major awards.
• At the judges’ discretion, ribbons and cash awards will be awarded for First, Second and Third Place in each category. The judges may also award up to two Honorable Mention ribbons in each category.
• Presentation of awards will take place at the